Friday, July 5, 2019

this is Niemeyer


I really not admire someone, but I find interesting the life of a Chilean scientist.

Before, if someone wished dedicated to the science, they owed study medicine first.

Hermann Niemeyer was a Chilean scientist, he studied medicine in the University of Chile, also he studied in University of Harvard in the biochemistry department, and he studied in University of Wisconsin. He was dean of the faculty of science in the University of Chile. He died in 1991 in Santiago.

He won the national science prize for his study in the metabolism in liver cells, also he contributed much in the biochemistry in Chile.

A courius data is that to Hermann Niemeyer was “stealed” the Novel prize, he investigated about how to synthesize carbohydrates, he had one idea about that, but he did not have the necessary knowledge to carry it out. An Argentine scientist, Luis Leloir had this knowledge and did it and the same year he won the Novel prize in science. Haha that’s crazy. Niemeyer and Leloir were friends, so Leloir thanked Neimeyer.

I talk about Hermann Niemeyer because this anecdote caused me grace hehe.

4 comments:

  1. I had never heard of Hermann Neimeyer... But I agree with you, the anecdote is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is one of the most national scientific, like Maturana and others, a pain that he doesn't won the nobel prize lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard about him, but I think that he's was a great scientist. Also, he studied a lot and in different places, that's great.

    ReplyDelete

postgraduate uwu

I believe that, at some point in his career, any student has thought about the idea of doing a postgraduate, or maybe not haha. well, I ha...